Hey there Fabulous Readers! Sometimes I find myself scanning the dollarbies on marketplace when I have a few spare minutes, because I think at times these goodies get missed in the shuffle of all of the feeds and group news and such. I find it’s a great way to get in a little harmless pixel shopping when I can’t get inworld too! I just fill up my cart and when I get inworld, I check out so that nothing is a miss delivery.
How to find dollarbies on marketplace:
First of all… Be careful when you are marketplace shopping, especially for things like hair and skin. Unfortunately there are a lot of copybotters out there, and Marketplace is their jam. It is very important that we support the original content maker, and not the person trying to benefit from someone else’s work.
There may be a better way to do this, and if anyone has any positive suggestions or tricks on how to narrow down the search, please feel free to comment, but what I do is this…
- Open up Second Life Marketplace.
- Click on the category you are wanting to explore on the left hand side. In my case usually it’s Apparel -> Womens
- Scroll down to the price category on the left hand side and enter min – 1 x max – 10 and click “refine search”.
This will bring up all items that are priced in your category of choice, priced between 1-10L. Unfortunately it does include a lot of demos, but not as many as if you select a price category of 0-10!
To make things a little easier to view, I also do the following:
- Select items per page 96, so I don’t have to “next page” so much.
- Select sort by Age: Newest First, which will bring up items that have been newly listed first.
- ETA: Entering “NOT demo” into the search box will remove the demos from your listing – Tip courtesy of Brinlea
Additionally, typing words like “promo”, “gift”, and “free” into the search box will also narrow your quest for dollarbies down!
My Marketplace score of the day:
My favourite marketplace dollarbie find for today is the Eyk Tunic Dress in red by Sun*Love as shown on my avatar. This summer chic design could be worn as a short dress as I have done, or as a blouse. Either way you decide to wear it, you’ll be stylin! At just 5 little lindens, it comes in mesh sizes XXS-L and includes an alpha layer.
Love is wearing…
Mesh Body – Maitreya Lara
Mesh Head – Catwa Candy
Head Applier – Glam Affair Renee
Eyes – IKON Triumph Eyes Dusk
Hair – No.Match No Ordinary
Dress – Sun*Love – Eyk Tunic Dress Red *GIFT* (5L / marketplace)
Glasses – Glam Affair Romantic Girl Glasses (tinted)
Shoes – Pure Poison Chloe Sneakers (featured @ Kustom9)
Pose by LW Poses
Sim – Vintage Style