To get myself into the mood for Halloween, I decided to grab my crossbow and head over to Dystopia in search of zombies. Unfortunately, my car broke down, so it looks like I’ll be staying for a while.
Hang on, I think I see something moving behind that big pile of trash…
(For the record, there don’t appear to be any zombies at Dystopia. But if you’re looking for a well-designed, post-apocalyptic sim, you should definitely pay it a visit.)
What inspired my look today was the September group gift from Ghee. I’ve seen it styled a number of different ways on Flickr, but for some reason, when I put it on, I felt all Sarah Conner from The Terminator. All I had to do was add a weapon, and I was a bad@$$ zombie hunter! 😎
The VIP 09/17 GIFT from Ghee is a complete outfit that includes the cargo pants, tank top, and boots. The ribbed tank comes with a texture-change HUD with 6 different colors — black, yellow, orange, blue, pink, and the beige color I’m wearing — so you could definitely wear the tank as part of another outfit.
Sizes for the pants and top include:
- Standard mesh XXS-L with alpha
- Belleza Freya, Isis, and Venus
- Maitreya Lara
- Slink Hourglass and Physique
The boots are “one size fits all.” Just remember to remove your mesh feet first.
I shopped around quite a bit to find the perfect accessories for my look:
- Hair – I picked up the Rossella Hair by Tableau Vivant at The Arcade for 50L. I love this “roots” version because everyone knows zombie hunters don’t have time to dye their hair, right?
- Sunglasses – These super cool DESTRUCTINATOR glasses by TBF are available on the Marketplace for 10L. There’s no resizer, but you can edit > stretch to change the size.
- Necklace – Another gacha, this time by Dahlia at The Imaginarium for 50L. Click for a resizer menu.
- Bracelet – An oldie, but a goodie, by Eli Rae’s Tinkering, available for 5L on the Marketplace. There’s no resizer, and you can’t stretch either, so the size is what it is. Originally shown 4 years ago by Caresia Adored, some SL items just never go out of style. 🙂
No zombie hunter would be complete without a weapon, of course. I selected this scary crossbow by Blackburns, which I found on the Marketplace for 29L. It comes with a wearable version that hooks onto your back (without any straps, which I thought looked a bit odd), as well as the
It comes with a wearable version that hooks onto your back (without any straps, which I thought looked a bit odd), as well as the posed version that I’m showing here, which actually shoots. Oh, and it includes an arrow that you can wear in your head, if you like.
Sadly, I didn’t find any actual zombies to shoot at in Dystopia. But I did have fun firing at the trees on my sim, which scared the daylights out of my dogs. 😛
Happy hunting, folks!
Serena is wearing…
Head: LeLutka Bianca 3.0 (with included skin applier)
Body: Maitreya Lara
Dirt: Izzie’s Face & Body Dirt Applier
Hair: Tableau Vivant Rossella (50L gacha @ The Arcade)
Sunglasses: The Black Forest The Destructinator (10L)
Necklace: Dahlia Darcy Cross Necklace Red/Gold RARE (50L gacha @ The Imaginarium)
Hands: VISTA PROHANDS
Bracelet: Eli Rae’s Tinkering Mesh Black/Tan Bracelet (5L)
Rings: Lassitude & Ennui Boho Rings for Vista Bento Hands
Complete Outfit: Ghee VIP 09/17 GIFT (group gift / 500L to join)
Backpack: DRD Wasteland Backpack
Crossbow & Pose: Blackburns Zombie Hunter Mesh Crossbow Set (29L)