To join our Fabulously Free in Second Life inworld group, please log in to your viewer and copy and paste the following text into local chat for a prompt to join : secondlife:///app/group/020fa7af-444d-f54f-01e2-557ec06315fd/about
To obtain chat rights within the group you will need to request via inworld notecard to Prudence Rexroth.
Guidelines for FabFree Group Chat: (updated 11/01/15)
FabFree Inworld Group Manager Contact: Prudence Rexroth
FabFree Organizer Contact: Love Trill
The Fabulously Free in SL inworld group has become quite a warm and helpful, freebie loving community over the years. FabFree chat permissions are granted only after agreement upon the following guidelines. Failure to comply with the group rules may result in your immediate removal by our team of moderators.
1. Group Chat IS allowed. Please be considerate and respectful to the other members. DO NOT gossip! Discriminatory discussions involving racial, sexual, religious, political, vulgar, and argumentative views are disallowed. Take any arguments to private IM. The group is not meant for debates or belittling of others. Basically if you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all.
2. Information of Lucky Chairs, Midnight Manias, and Riot Vends (etc) can be mentioned in group chat once per day, per person, however letter/number calling (eg. Letter DSI BIWY) is considered spamming and is not allowed in Fabfree chat.
3. Designers, staff and event organizers are not permitted to promote their ventures in group chat.
4. Most designers do not want hunt locations revealed. We ask group members to respect the designers’ wishes regarding hunts. Find friends to help with hunts and take the tips to private IMs.
5. Do NOT complain about a gift, period! If any member complains in group chat about the “quality” or “quantity” of a item, it will result in immediate removal from the group.
6. Do NOT post any external links into group chat, whether they be other websites or marketplace links. With the uprising of false and harmful links being posted into group chat, it is simply unsafe to click on them. Suggesting to another member that they do a search on marketplace to assist them in finding something is ok, however please do not post the actual link. Posting inworld slurls is ok.
7. Do NOT distribute items! Distributing items you did not personally make could contribute to content theft and you could find yourself with a DMCA charge. Please, do not support content theft! *The DMCA can give you more information with regard to passing copies of items without permission to do so: http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf
** Sometimes group discussions become overwhelming. The small bottom x should close the group chat until you relog. Alternatively, most newer viewers give you the option of not receiving group notices and/or group chat through the viewer’s preferences.
** If a group member is abusing chat privileges, contact one of the Fabfree moderators. It is up to the moderator as to how the situation will be handled. Moderators have the option to disallow chat for an individual or the entire group.
To see examples of what is and what is not allowed, view the following link –> FabFree Guidelines.