After much discussion with some of the moderators and FabFree group members, the idea to allow mention of lucky chairs and midnight mania prizes has come up, with the following interests:
1. Members of both groups would like to save a group, and just use one being that we are limited to 42.
2. Lucky Chair prizes and MM Board prizes are indeed free, and the information is of interest to our FabFree members being a group dedicated to sharing news of free items.
While I did ask a few times in group chat at different times to the people that happened to be online at that time, opinions are mixed and I wanted to open up this discussion to all so that we could come to an open and fair decision before making any changes to our beloved group.
Currently we have two inworld groups… We have Fabulously Free in SL which is a large and very chatty group of approximately 20,000 people dedicated to sharing free items, and Fabulously Lucky Chairs which is a smaller fairly quiet group of approximately 600 members (most of which are already in the FabFree group) dedicated specifically to lucky letter and midnight mania board prizes.
You can find a complete list of the FabFree Inworld Group rules here -> https://fabfree.wordpress.com/fabfree-group-rules/. These rules are sent to the inworld group via notice from time to time, and are easy to find with a link from the group profile to the blog – as well as are always available here on the FabFree Blog at the tabs in the top via FAQs & Tutorials -> FabFree Guidelines.
The current rules state: Lucky Chairs, Midnight Manias, and Riot Vends (etc) are not allowed in the main group. You can join the FabLucky Group for those. (It is, however, acceptable for designers to mention lucky chairs and midnight manias in their notices!)
If we were to allow the change, the new rules would state: Lucky Chair, Midnight Mania & Riot Vends (etc) information may be posted once per day, per member. Designers and store staff are not to spam the group with advertising of midnight mania boards and lucky board prizes – Designers are to include mention of their lucky chairs and MM board prizes in their notices. Lucky Letter call outs are not allowed – and would be grounds for removal. (Spam eg. “Blablabla Store – Letters KEH OWG)
Things I want to make clear before you vote:
1. Sending letter call outs to the FabFree group (eg. “Blablabla Store – Letters KEH OWG) would not be allowed and would be grounds for group removal. You would receive one warning, and would be ejected after the second offence. The Fabulously Lucky inworld group would remain open for members that wish to call or receive the letter call outs.
2. Designers and store staff would utilize their one daily notice for advertising, not send spam via chat as per the rules already.
3. You are able to turn off the chat if you find it too disruptive.
Thank you for your input! These results will be public, and the decision will be made next weekend based on these pole results. You are also welcome to leave a comment on this post with your concerns or questions.