Where do I get all my information on freebies?
1. I mentioned this in another blog but I will repeat it. Join Fashion Consolidated update group in Second Life. This is one of the best resources and tips for freebies from the designers themselves. For more information read Consolidate My Fashion, Please. Another group that sometimes get freebies and tips is Savoir Hair.
2. Head over to Synthetick Subscribe-o-Matic group listings page located at http://sm.synthetik-on.net/groups/index and visit the stores you like to join their groups. These groups do not count towards your 25 limit and there is not IM spams. Many times the group owner will give out free goodies like hair, jeans, and even costumes. It cannot hurt you to be members of as many of these groups as you can.
3. Read blogs. A great place to do this all in one spot is Fashion Worlds of SL located at http://fashionplanet.worldofsl.com/. Not all blogs are listed here but it is a great start for hot tips on freebies.
4. Word of mouth. Pay attention to your surroundings. I have gotten freebie tips from people around me chatting away. These can be very useful.
5. Explore. If there is a designer you like, it cannot do any harm to go to their shop and see if they have any freebies. Or you can just put in any of these words(freebie, free, newbie, gift, lucky chair, wonder chair) into the search and hop around to the results. many times lucky chair or wonder chairs are located in freebie areas. This is time consuming because there is a lot of junk and resale stuff out there as well so this is if you feel like exploring.
6. Join groups that are known for giving out free items like Bewitched Hair and Talisman Designs.
7. Keep your eyes and ears open. You never know when a hot tip will land right in your lap.
Why don’t you use OnRez or SL Exchange for your freebies?
Simple, 95% of the items listed in their freebie areas are resells from business in a boxes, demos for products, non-fashion items, and noob-ware. By going to the shops in person, I can see the name of the creator on the items. I know this is not a 100% guarantee that these items are original but I stand a better chance this way. I will feature items in the future that are by established designers that can only be found on those sites but at this point I am looking for the items in SL instead.